NOTICE OF RACE AND SAILING INSTRUCTIONS
2017 FALL SERIES
MARBLEHEAD RACING ASSOCIATION
Marblehead, MA USA - - www.mheadrace.org
Boston Yacht Club
Corinthian Yacht Club
Eastern Yacht Club
- Introduction: All of the provisions (including amendments) of the Notice of Race and Sailing Instructions for the 2017 Season of the Marblehead Racing Association (MRA) will apply except as otherwise stated in this document.
- Eligibility: This series is open to any boat registered with MRA for the 2017 Season.
- Notices to Competitors: Notices to competitors will be posted on the official notice board located in the hallway near the trophy room of the Corinthian Yacht Club. Notices may also be posted at http://www.mheadrace.org.
- Schedule and Racing Area: All classes will race in the North Line area or closer to MRA Mark 18, Marblehead Channel Bell. The first Warning signal is scheduled for 12:30 EDT. One race will constitute a series.
Day 1 Sat. Sept. 9 Host Club CYC Low Tide 0754 High Tide 1408
Day 2 Sat. Sept. 23 Host Club CYC Low Tide 0749 High Tide 1406
Day 3 Sat. Sept. 30 Host Club CYC High Tide 0740 Low Tide 1338 Chowder Race (see #10 below)
- Signals Made Ashore: Signals (as defined by MRA #5) will be displayed from the yardarm of the Host Club (always CYC in 2017).
- Courses and Marks: As provided by MRA for the North Line.
- Protests: As in MRA #17 but with all filings and hearings at the Host Club (above).
- Radio Communication: VHF Channel 71 will be used for recalls (MRA #13), emergency reports from contestants (MRA #21.1) and courtesy broadcasts (MRA #21.2).
- Prizes: Day prizes will be given in accordance with MRA #23.1 on each day. First prize for the series will be awarded to the winner in each class; additional series prizes will be awarded, depending on the average number of starters for all races completed.
- Chowder Race: After the racing on Day 3, the hospitality of the Host Club is extended to all skippers, their crews and guests, for complimentary chowder and hot dogs, day prize presentations and social activities.