Download a printable copy of the 2016 Spring Series Sailing Instructions
NOTICE OF RACE AND SAILING INSTRUCTIONS
2016 SPRING SERIES
MARBLEHEAD RACING ASSOCIATION
Marblehead, MA USA - - www.mheadrace.org
|Boston Yacht Club
||Corinthian Yacht Club
||Eastern Yacht Club
1. Introduction: All of the provisions (including amendments) of the Notice of Race and Sailing Instructions for the 2016 Season of the Marblehead Racing Association (MRA) will apply except as otherwise stated in this document.
2. Eligibility: This series is open to any boat registered with MRA for the 2016 Season.
3. Notices to Competitors: Notices to competitors will be posted on the official notice board located in the Sailing Center of the Eastern Yacht Club. Notices may also be posted at http://www.mheadrace.org.
4. Schedule and Racing Area:
4.1 All classes will race in the Midway Line area or closer to MRA Mark 18, the Marblehead Channel Bell.
4.2 The starting order will be announced by radio broadcast at least five (5) minutes before the start of the first sequence.
4.3 The first Warning signal will be no earlier than 12:30 EDT.
4.4 One race will constitute a series.
Day 1 Sat. May 28 Host Club EYC High Tide 1702
Day 2 Sun. May 29 Host Club EYC High Tide 1756
5. Signals Made Ashore: Signals (as defined by MRA #5) will be displayed from the yardarm of the Eastern Yacht Club.
6. Courses and Marks: Courses will be as provided by MRA for Midway Line. Marks will normally be ORANGE tetrahedrons, EXCEPT that GREEN tetrahedrons will be used when MRA #10.3, #10.6, #10.7, or #11.4 apply.
7. Protests: As in MRA #17 but with all filings and hearings at the Eastern Yacht Club, in the Sailing Center.
8. Radio Communication: VHF Channel 78 will be used for recalls (MRA #13), emergency reports from contestants (MRA #21.1) and Race Committee courtesy broadcasts (MRA #21.2).
9. Prizes: Day prizes will be given in accordance with MRA #23 on each day. First prize for the series will be awarded to the winner in each class; additional series prizes will be awarded, depending on the average number of starters for all races completed. Series prizes will be awarded at the end of the season.